Schools Sector, Schools Temporary Visa, Subclass 571

You can no longer apply on subclass 571. It is closed for new applications from 1st July 2016. To extend your stay in Australia, you can apply for a student visa (subclass 500).
Schools Temporary Visa

About Subclass 571

Australian Immigration and Citizenship Department issues Student Visa Subclass 571 for overseas students planning a school educational program in this nation. This Australian Visa entitles an immigrant to: i) pursue a primary school program; ii) take up senior or junior secondary school programs; and iii) undergo a secondary school course under exchange program.

This Australia Student Visa is applicable for foreign students who fall under any of the categories as mentioned hereunder:

  • Applying for a Student Visa to Australia for the first time
  • Applying for subsequent visas
  • Applying for joining a family number who is already in Australia with an immigration student visa

It may be noted that to apply for this temporary visa onshore you must already be a holder of an eligible visa or must have held a valid visa not more than four weeks (28 days) prior to applying.

Powers of this Visa

Student visa subclass 571 allows you to:

  • Pursue a study program in Australia
  • Work forty hours a fortnight when session is on and for unlimited hours during session breaks while
    studying in this country. If pursuing Doctoral or Masters degree program no such working hour
    restrictions are applicable
  • You are allowed to take dependent family members to this country
  • These dependent members, otherwise qualified, are entitled to take up work extending 40 hours per
    fortnight, till such time you are in Australia pursuing a study course. However, in cases of Masters or Doctoral degrees there is restriction on working hours
  • Dependent is allowed to undertake any study course not extending beyond three months. In case your dependent or partner plans for taking up a study program surpassing three months, then a separate visa
    in his/her name needs to be applied for. Such applications may be made while in Australia

This temporary School Sector Australian Student Visa entitles you to stay in this country till the expiry of your study course and also allows multiple entries and exits. Your dependent may stay as long as you are in this country pursuing an academic course. It may be noted that this dependent may not reside in Australian territory once you have left. You should be covered by OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover) while on student visa in this nation.

In case your temporary student visa expires before graduation you need to apply for an Australian visitor visa. Such applications are to be supported by a letter from concerned educational institute declaring tentative date of graduation.

More Details PLEASE CALL RIGHT NOW +91-79-6682 6682 +91-265-2254184/85 +91-26 9222 9229 +91-44 4912 3000 +91-98-6677-7331 9851217826 +971 582233519
Get guidance in right pathway about complex Immigration situation = Registered Migration Agent

+91-79-6682 6682